Harris County MUD 217 partnered with Water WasteWater Management Services and Accurate Meter to bring smart water meters to our district. The new smart meters are a more accurate and intelligent tool for water conservation and will greatly improve our water system’s operational efficiency. Our goal is to reduce water loss due to leaks, improve visibility of water usage trends, and accelerate reporting and handling of problems.
Residents do not need to take any action! The District’s Operator will notify residents and install the new smart meters for all homes. The District’s goal is to reduce water loss due to leaks, improve visibility of water usage trends, and accelerate reporting and handling of problems.
- Website & Mobile apps to view your usage and more
- Proactive water conservation
- Access to your water usage data (daily, weekly or monthly)
- Track and trend water usage
- Set up warnings/alerts (high usage, continuous usage or leaks)
- Reduce operational costs by eliminating the need to manually read meters and reduce billing errors
- Provide greater accuracy
- Provide better services to customers
- Quicker response to inquiries
- Usage history Check the District’s
EyeOnWater is a cloud-based portal that quickly connects you to your water usage. Through the EyeOnWater website or mobile app you can review your water consumption, track your usage and create custom alerts.
Once your smart meter has been installed, log on to EyeOnWater to create an account. To learn more about EyeOnWater’s features and benefits please watch the videos below.